The Couch

  I find myself getting sentimental this morning when I think about our couch.

  It may not look like much more than a run down beat up old couch from the '80's. I might complain about it frequently and about how much I would love a new one.
  Truth be told I love this couch. There, I said it to the world. I LOVE this old rundown couch.
  It is where I spent the first three weeks after each c-section sleeping upright. I have spent countless hours up with sick kids and nursing babies on this couch. I fell in love with my husband on this couch. The day that I found out that I was pregnant with my daughter, I told my husband while I was sitting on this couch.
  To put it simply, I have made some of the most important memories of my life time on this couch.
  As much as I would love a new one... I might just wait. Perhaps I can find someone to fix it up and recover it. I don't think that I am ready to part with it. A few more years of memories wouldn't hurt anyone... I wouldn't think.

Comments

Popular Posts