Is There Or Isn't There?

   There is something else that I am working on, but something happened today that I feel really needs to be said. So, please bare with me. I realize that every one of you have your own belief of God and miracles. I also realize that it is a spectrum, (do you see what I did there), of belief from atheist to Baptist. I also know that some of you even just believe in miracles but nothing else.
   I am here to tell you that I have been struggling in life. I have been in a 24/7 Ironman race. It is far from over and the week before Christmas I was getting fatigued. I knew that something somewhere was going to have to happen. I told close friends, I cried to my husband. I straight up needed a positive change.
   Without my knowledge my cardiologist had sent a referral to one of the teaching hospitals that is two and a half hours south of us. So, here I was exhausted and needing a break somewhere and my phone rings. I look at it and it says Unknown. I almost didn't answer, but, I did.
Me: Hello?
The Caller: Hi I'm, (I can't remember her name because my mind went blank), I am calling from,(will remain anonymous), I am calling you to say that your case has been accepted. Can you be here on Tuesday,(it was a Friday...so in four days),?
Me:???? Yes!
   Some how to spite my complete shock I managed to complete registration and schedule my appointment. I realize to someone on the outside it must seem like a fluke, an accident. To me it was a miracle. It was the breath of hope that I so desperately needed to keep going.
   I guess what I really want you to know is that there is no promise for an easy life in the bible,(yes I realize that you may not believe anything from the bible). But, even when you are in the darkest, most desolate valley, you are not alone. There is Someone always there. It is like a quest. It is not your job to question why or how. It is your job to find those people, moments and tiny acts of kindness that will give what you need to make it thru. I have thru every bad day and hard time in my life learned to look for those miracles. Some of you reading this have been that miracle that I needed. Thank you for allowing God to use you. Thank you for being a part of my life. As we all look towards the new year may your life be blessed. May you be granted eyes that see the hope that is around you.

Comments

Popular Posts