Wednesday Confessions

   I have a confession. I was going to post another more controversial post and I chickened out. Somehow the words seemed too intense. I feel that far too often, in this online world that we create, folks forget that the other person is real too. They are somebodies mother, daughter, granddaughter, aunt, friend and wife. And, well, some of us can rip each other to shreds in an animalistic fury. I have news for you, all of us are doing the best that we can to live this life we are given. Often our best sucks and we get knocked down a few notches. When that happens then all that we can do is wake up the next day and try again.
   Sometimes, our life isn't what we expected or what we thought that we signed up for. When that happens we regroup, try to learn what we can and go from there. No ones life follows the same exact path. There may be times that we arrive at the same point in time at the same moment. How we got there was different and where we go from there is different and unique. My point is that no two life experiences are the same. Everyone's experience is valid. It is up to us to realize and accept that basic fact about life.
  How do we accept it? Perhaps it starts when we begin to see that each and every human life has value and deserves dignity. One of my favorite Dr Seuss quotes from Horton Hears a Who,"a person, is a person no matter how small." All of us have value.  When we tear apart and put eachother down nobody wins.
   I suppose to summarize what I am trying to say. I didn't post what I had been writing because I didn't feel that I could say what I was feeling without it hurting someone. You all have more value than that. The autism world is very polarized. You are taking about normally confident people who have been throw into situations, packed with emotion and uncertainty. The one truth that I beg you to remember as you interact with others, online or in the real world, is that all experiences are valid. With mutual respect we can learn from eachother and hopefully grow to become a community of friends.


Comments

Popular Posts